Hiya pretty lady!
Valentine’s Day is almost here! I don’t know about you, but this is one of those holidays that I seem to gush over. Some people like to say, “Oh, its a Hallmark Holiday…” I see it as another chance to tell someone they’re special to you (and an easy way to get chocolate and flowers…heyy).
So in the spirit of love, I wanted to write a fun post about Valentine’s date ideas for you and your special someone.
- Winery, music, and cake – Okay so, personally, I would trade out the wine for a Diet Coke, but they don’t have a diet cokery (yet). These past few years, Ross and I have gone to different wineries to enjoy some music, desserts, and beautiful sights. And talk about romantic….the snow falling, jazz music playing, and your sweet man holding your hand. 🙂
- Spa day – This is my FAVORITE and isn’t it everyone’s? Who doesn’t love a massage? A couples massage is so relaxing and melts your stress away. We like getting to the spa a little early, sitting in the “relaxing room”, drinking lemon water, and then getting a massage. Most spas allow you to sit in a room after your massage and relax as well. This date idea is definitely more of an expensive option, but I say it’s totally worth the splurge.
- Movies and milk duds – Whether you’re doing a movie night/day at the theatre or staying home to enjoy a flick, we all love sitting and eating, right? Haha! The very first year Ross and I dated, we spent Valentine’s Day watching movies the ENTIRE time. We also ate quite a bit of chocolate and to this day, it is one of my favorite memories.
- Indoor picnic – This is another inexpensive option for you and your love. Grab some candles, play your favorite love songs, and whip up your favorite meal together.
- Second first date – Hopefully your first date was a good one. 🙂 Ross and I love replaying our first date every year on the anniversary of the day that we met. How fun would it be to replay your first date on the most romantic holiday of them all?
There are so many fun things you can do this Valentine’s Day, but most importantly I hope you are shown the love you deserve. Side note: If you’re single this Valentine’s Day, you go girl! I remember one Valentine’s Day crying the entire day because I didn’t have someone to love. Psh, looking back it’s so silly, but in that moment I felt alone. That next Valentine’s Day I was still single, but I decided to do some fun things on my own. I went to love on some doggies, bought myself some chocolate, and watched my favorite shows all night. If you’re single in this moment, take time to embrace it. More than anything, you deserve to love yourself.
Hope you all have a great Vday. Until next time…