Hey, beautiful ladies. Today, I am going to be posting a blog that is a bit different than my normal fashion/beauty/lifestyle posts. I have so much content that I want to write, but this post was calling on my heart tonight. I realize that many of you read my blogs, but don’t know who I am..yet! I wrote this post so you could get to know me as a blogger, daughter, wife, and friend! Listed below are ten things I want you to know.
- My three favorite foods are chips & queso, pizza, and lettuce wraps.
- Writing is something I’ve always loved to do. I used to have a diary, which I ended up calling a “journal” as I grew up. I wrote in my journal most days up until college, secretly of course. Back then, I felt like I had to keep all my feelings in a book. I dare not say them out loud or let someone else read them, for fear that my feelings wouldn’t be mine anymore. I stopped when I went to college, and looking back, I wonder if it would have helped to write my feelings down. You sure go through a lot in college and I’m sure it would have eased my mind to put it all on paper. Anyways, when I got a job out of college, I began writing again. I would write a quick note about my day and slide it under my bed. After Ross and I moved in together, I stopped writing in a journal per say. I began writing to myself in my phone. Little things about my day would end up in my notes and when I would reflect back, it was a complete jumbled mess. That’s when I began writing down thoughts on my computer. Quotes, thoughts, and moments ended up in a Microsoft document titled, “Untitled”. I thought that title spoke a thousand words in and of itself. In November, I found myself itching to get a blog to share with the world. I worried that not everyone would enjoy it or that no one would read it, but I did it anyway. I am so happy I can finally share my thoughts and feelings with you all. Over the past few years, I’ve learned feelings make us human. We all have them and sharing them opens the door to honesty and possibility.
- I am a third grade teacher.
- I was married to the love of my life on June 18th, of 2016.
- If I could go back and tell myself one thing, I would go back the version of me that thought her life was over. I would say, “Katelyn, you are worthy, and you are stronger than you think.” I wish I could tell her that everything would be okay and give her a big hug. I feel so sad for that version of me. She truly thought she was unloveable, unworthy, and broken. If you know me, you know that I once had my heart completely broken. I was with my high school boyfriend off and on until the end of college. One day he told me he loved me, and the next he texted me a breakup message, saying it was over. I never thought I would get through it. I thought that no one in this world could have ever experienced the pain I was going through. People would say they knew what it was like, but I didn’t believe them. I thought my life was over. I didn’t feel worthy. I went through the next couple years waiting for a text from him, waiting for him to tell me he made a mistake. It never happened. I would go on dates and feel sick to my stomach. How could I ever love anyone else? This is where the self doubt and hatred towards myself came in. What did I do wrong? Why am I not good enough? –Sitting here typing this makes me sad, sad because I wish I could tell that girl I used to be that everything would be okay…that she was worthy, independent, strong, funny, and caring. I wish I could tell her that she was whole with or without someone else. And that she would find the man who would make her the happiest woman in the world. A man that she never thought existed, a man that adored her, and a man that that always put her first. Girls, if you’re going through a break up or have in the past, know you ARE worthy and that God works in mysterious ways. He has a plan greater than you could ever imagine. I didn’t see his plan for a few years, but it was better than any I could have ever dreamed of.
- Moving onto dessert… my favorite sweet treat is CHEESECAKE. It simply makes me happy. What kind you say? White chocolate raspberry, please! Orrr my mom’s New York Style cheesecake.
- If you’ve read my “About Me” section of my website, you’ve read that I used to believe that I didn’t have an “artistic purpose”. I loved art and creating, but any art I would attempt to make always failed. When I started seeing fashion and beauty as an art, I began to feel that artistic purpose. I started posting pictures a few months later, and here I am! Most girls that blog have always loved fashion and beauty. I actually didn’t know much about it until I was around 22. Odd right? I have definitely always loved shopping and makeup but I didn’t see it as expressive back then. Boy, have things changed.
- Ross and I have a Scottish Terrier named Caden. He is our baby and he is spoiled rotten. He even has his own fancy pillows and a mini couch… I mean….why not?
- “Why did you do all this for me?’ he asked. ‘I don’t deserve it. I’ve never done anything for you.’ ‘You have been my friend,’ replied Charlotte. ‘That in itself is a tremendous thing.”
― E.B. White, Friends are a huge part of my life. I love my friends with all of my heart, and am beyond grateful to each of them for making my life better. I am grateful to the friends who have stuck by me since childhood, walking through life with me, and also having so much patience with me. I am thankful for new friends, who are getting to know me as a twenty something year old and who are showing me not only friendship, but support, and the beauty of growing with someone. I am thankful to the friends who I have lost touch with and the friends that I have lost over the years. Losing friends is one of the worst pains one can go through. It happens to all of us, but it never gets any easier. I am thankful for those friends that were there for me through those years. Even though we may not be friends now, they were once a huge part of me, and for that I am ever grateful. Friendship is a priority for me and having true blue friends makes my heart full.
- I’ll leave this post off on a little lighter note, listing some of my favorite things in the world…
- Josie Maran Body Butter (buy it now!)
- Diet Pepsis (in bottles) & Diet Coke (in fountains)…why so complicated?
- Flowers..I mean obviously!
- The color ‘pink’
- Smashbox “X Rated” mascara
- Animals of every kind, except bugs and snakes…just no…
Thank you so much for all of your support. Whether you’re my mom (hi mom!), my friend, a fellow blogger, or a fashionista interested in reading my posts, I appreciate you. I love each and every one of you and cannot thank you enough for taking the time to read what I have to say, “like” what I post, and comment your thoughts. You mean so much to me and I am so grateful for that.
What is something you want me to know about you? I love learning about you all and am excited to continue this journey with you. Thanks SO very much for being here.
Until next time….
“The shortest distance between two people is a story.”
― Patti Digh