MAMAS…. Are you exhausted looking for products you can use that are safe for you and your baby? UGH, I was in that exact same boat for what seems like forever. I searched everywhere for the safest and most effective products while I was pregnant and breastfeeding.
There are so many products out there that us mamas should avoid using when we are breastfeeding and pregnant. Some of the ingredients I chose to avoid or use sparingly were:
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. Please speak with your doctor before making any decisions about what to use on your body while you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Any form of Retin-A or vitamin A (Usually put in products for it’s anti-aging benefits)
- Fragrance (as much as I could –couldn’t always avoid)
- Aluminum (found in deodorant *Chose to go natural)
- Salicylic Acid (I completely avoided this during pregnancy and use it sparingly now that I’m breastfeeding –usually placed into products to clear acne)
- Hydroquinone (skin lightener used for dark spots or melasma)
- Formaldehyde (found in nail polishes, hair treatments, press on lash glue)
There are many other products that have been listed as ingredients to avoid, however, these are the main ingredients I chose to avoid throughout pregnancy and breastfeeding. Let me tell ya, it is EXHAUSTING trying to figure out the ingredients list and if the company somehow hides behind the ingredients names. Where is the APP for this!? I spent hours trying to figure out if certain products I was using were considered “safe”. I definitely wasn’t perfect, but I tried my best.
I wanted to do the work FOR YOU so that you don’t have to lose your mind searching for safe and effective products. Below are the skincare, beauty, and hair care products I used during pregnancy AND the products that I’m using since I’m breastfeeding.
Cleanser- Beauty Counter
Face Moistuizer/Cream- Tula
Facial Oil- Tarte
Vitamin C Oil- Demalogica
Facial Spray- Beauty Counter
Stretch Marks- Mama Mio
Body Lotion- Burt’s Bees
Body Wash- Shea Moisture
Deodorant- Ambre Blends (I love Ambre, Ahnu, and Solace)
Perfume- Ambre Blends (same scents as above)
There were a few other products I used here and there, but these were my main GO-TOS. Hope this guide makes it a little easier on you, mama!
What were/are some of your go to products?